I recently started making Lucy her own trail mix. I saw the idea somewhere on Pinterest and thought it was a fun idea. Of course, there are a lot of ways to make it, but I kept ours pretty simple and straight forward.
Since I just made this on my own, I don’t have an exact recipe or measurements. It’s not that serious, just eye ball it and try to get a good ratio of everything.
Grab a big bowl and start filling it with:
- Couple handful of Honey Nut Cheerios.
- Graham Crackers broken up into small pieces. I love the Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Graham Crackers, but any will do.
- Couple handfuls of pretzel sticks.
- Couple handfuls of raisins.
- Handful of mini marshmallows.
You can be creative and add whatever you want. M&Ms if you’re a nice mom (which I’m not, I feel like the marshmallows are enough), Chex Mix cereal is a nice tough. You can add some dried fruit like cranberries or something, if you want a sweeter flavor. Or even add some coconut flakes or banana chips. Have fun with it.
Have you or do you make trail mix or any other fun snacks for your little ones? If so, what’s your favorite concoction? I love hearing from you! Like, comment and share!